Quick pic. update, engineer inspecting mid November
Saturday, 14 September 2013
Times getting harder to find but things have been happening slowly, thanks if you still have the patience to keep looking so lets look. Here I have mounted sections of hard wood to the battery frames to attach the fairing panels to.
Next I have made cardboard patterns for the fairing panels and then cut them out of polycarbonate, used a heat gun to soften and bend to fit the contour of the bike
End up with the rough shape mounted to the bike, I'm going to make this a water tight housing.
Next the rear panel which will have the ignition switch and power point for recharging, also have to cut out hole for the 72 volt DC to DC converter to fit
Looking in the top
The external power point for recharge, you can see the DC to DC converter as well
Keyed isolation and ignition switch
Next to build the top cover for the bike, I want a nice smooth arch so I have used "hoop Iron" with an angle iron back bone to make the supporting structure
Then drilled and screwed into place this will be covered buy 1mm thick balsa wood, very flexible then fibre glassed
Oh the smell of resin
Back soon after this drys and I can remove and shape
Sunday, 14 July 2013
Life can get busy and out of hand, been about 4 weeks since last work and post, Parents in and out of hospital, all sorts of drama, good news everyone's ok. So today for a few hours I got a chance to work on the bike. Going to need strong battery boxes for the 6 AGM batteries at 12 Kilos each.
Building them up on lengths of all-thread rod, my preferred method it makes it easy to adjust the hight and spacing of components. Some time I can't get the things I plan for and have to be flexible with my construction
A nut top and bottom of the frame bracket locks things into place
Next a piece of acrylic for electrical components using the same spacing with all-thread and nuts
Fit Altrax 7245 controller into frame
Tack together brackets to hold foot rests and place 14 gauge galv sheet in bottom of battery frames
Things will need to be welded completely and cleaned up
Some electrical components, bus-bar from positive input of controller to "T" type fuse, I have used a hole saw to allow the fuse to go through the acrylic and take the power up to the other components
Just like this
Squeezed in a mins last night
Seat cover finished and on, I hope more soon just get everyone's health back to tip top condition.
Thanks for looking and look after your health to, Cheers.
Saturday, 1 June 2013
Sunday, 26 May 2013
Ahhhhhhhh yes 2.2 litres of fresh love for my gearbox/transaxel
Just drinking it in imagine how you would feel not having a drink for 10 months?
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh just between you and me, I sold my CBR 1000 in February and haven't ridden for 3 months so just quietly in the back ground things will slowly start taking shape.
Spin baby spin try to get 10 hours running in to bed in brushes.
Well after 3 and a bit week,s work has begun again and will continue with out too many more interruptions. The shed is almost set up but that can evolve over the next month or so, now here's the control centre with just about all I need to complete the job, tool wise.
Yep that peskie new trans-axle and CV joint been looking at me for 5 weeks reminding me I need to get my act together. IN!
Two new solid sate relays 100 volt DC and 70 amp sitting on top of the heat sink, one will drive the DC-DC converter from a switch in the cab the other will drive the hot water for the demister
All four wheels off the ground for easy access to complete the battery box and cabling
Yes darling I have not forgotten hopefully you will be ready for summer
the gear box is ready for a fresh drink of Trans Oil
Thanks so much for your interest there will be plenty of updates coming in the near future